Reading Text 1 (for question number 1 and 2)
Learn the following text and answer the questions that follow.
1. What is the name of the company?
A. Portage Golf Cart
B. Jack De Young
C. Sales, Service and repair
D. Maripoe Road
2. Which statement is not true about the company?
A. The company also offers services
B. The address of the company is 12080 Maripoe Rd.
C. Jack De Young works for the company
D. FL 34614 is the telephone number customers may contact
3. Besides service and repair, the company also offers ‘sale’.
It means that customers can … goods from the company.
Reading Text 2
4. What event is offered in the ads?
A. The Jakarta Post
B. 5 k Charity Run
D. Marketing Communication
5. Who organized the activity scheduled on 17 September 2006?
A. Hard Rock Hotel
B. The 6th Chapter
C. Bali Hotel
D. The Jakarta Post
6. Which of the following companies sponsors the activity?
A. Suara Merdeka
B. Tora Bika
C. Bali Bank
D. Merpati Airlines
Reading Text 3
C/ IN TIME : 2 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE
COUNTER CLOSE : 45 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE
7. Where can you see that notice?
A. At a bus station
B. At a railway station
C. At an airport
D. At a cinema
Reading text 4
Especially with newspaper and printed ads that are competing with other ads on the same page it is imperative that you get the readers’ attention. You can accomplish this not only by color and size but also by having an eye catching headline. The possible way to develop the headline is to determine your products or services unique selling proposition. Why would the reader want to purchase what you are selling over a competing product? Another possibility is to list a unique benefit or solution in the headline that your product/service offers. Use action words when appropriate. The bottom lines should be compelling enough to cause the readers to want to read further for more information.
8. Which is not the three techniques to get the readers attention mentioned in the text?
C. eye catching headline
D. short sentences
9. Which of the three techniques is elaborated in this text?
C. eye catching headline
D. bottom line
10. Which one is not listed on the possible ways to create an eye-catching headline?
A. to determine your products or services unique selling proposition
B. to list a unique benefit or solution in the headline that your product/service offers
C. to use long words when appropriate
D. to make the bottom line compelling enough to cause the reader to want to read further for