DINAS PENDIDIKAN DAN KEBUDAYAAN
SMP NEGERI 184 JAKARTA
UJIAN TENGAH SEMESTER (UTS) GANJIL
TAHUN PELAJARAN 2012 / 2013
Mata Pelajaran: Bahasa Inggris
Kelas: VII (tujuh)
Hari, Tanggal: 23, Oktober 2012
Waktu: 90 menit
Guru Mata Pelajaran: Harsadi
This dialog is for no. 1 to 5 :
Jaka : ..(1)
Andre : Morning.
Jaka : My name is Jaka. (2)is your name?
Andre : My name is Andre
Jaka : ..(3) are you from?
Andre : I am from Bekasi ..(4) are you from?
Jaka : I am from Semarang
Andre : (5) ?
Jaka : How do you do ?
Fill the blank with suitable expression !
1. a. Good day b. Good morning c. Good luck d. Good Night
2. a. Why b. What c. Whose d. Where
3. a. Where b. What c. When d. Who
4. a. Where b. Why c. What d. Who
5. a. How are you b. How do you do c. How is your life d. Hello
6. To introduce your friend you can say ..
a. Hello. my names Rina c. Let me introduce my self
b. Ratih. This is my friend, Lia d. How do you do ?
7. Jenny : How are you
Sita : Not good
What does the underline word mean ?
a. Sita is fine b. Sita is not fine c. Sita is Ok d. Sita is happy
8. You . my friend.
a. am b. is c. are d. do
9. Tiger is wild animal.. very dangerous.
a. They are b. I am c. She is d. It is
What kind of the text above is?
11. How much do you pay for five
kg of Meat?
12. How much should we pay if we buy four kg of Meat and three kilogram of flour?
a. Rp. 66,000
b. Rp. 240.000
c. Rp. 230,000
d. Rp. 70,000
13. Those are the price of
14. How much should we pay if we buy a half of kilogram of Meat and five bottle of Guava juice?
The suitable preposition for the picture is
a.The cat is on the table
b.An apples is behind the table
c.An apples is in front of the table
d.An apples on the plate
16. Putri : Excuse me, Can you tell me where is the library ?
Firni : ___________ you go straight and turn left. There is a Library beside canteen.
a. Im sorry b. Yes of course c. Pardon d. I dont know
17. Fikar : ___________ can you take me a glass of water ?
Fani : Yes of course
a. Pardon b. Are you sure c. Excuse me d. Never mind
18. Mother : Your mark is good. I have a present for you.
Banu : _______________.
a. Thank you b. Sorry c. No, I wont d. Never mind
19. Siti : Im sorry I drop your bag
Sindi : Oh ..
a. Never mind b. My God c. Yes d. No
20. Dino : Excuse me, are you Ivan ?
Kiki : No, Im not
Dino : Oh _______
Kiki : Never mind
a. good bye b. see you c. Ok d. Im sorry
21. Jhon : I return your bike. Thank you very much
a. You are welcome c. See you
b. No, I wont d. Are you Ok
22. Let me introduce my self. My name is
The underline word (introduce) means :
a. memperkenalkan c. mempertemukan
b. menugaskan d. memberikan
23. S.A : can I help you mom?
Buyer : yes I need 2 Kg of rice, a bottle of oil please
S.A : wait for a moment. There are the things you need and its 15.000
Buyer : _________ (giving the money)
S.A : here the change 5000.
a. thank you
c. here is Rp 15.000
d. here is Rp 20.000
24. Mrs. Anne wants to buy carrots, tomatoes, chillies, and cabbage in the market. So she must go to the . . . ..
a. drugstorec. library
b. greengrocerd. butcher
25. Many people like to keep this animal at home. They keep it as a pet. People like it because of its
soft fur and funny. It likes to eat fish and hunts mice at home. What is the animal?
a. dogb. fishc. catd. bird
26. Endra : Sorry, I cannot return your money now. I really need it now.
Tutik : ____________.
Tutik doesnt mind that hendra cannot return her money. What does she say ?
a. Lucky b. Dont do that c. No d. Forget it
27. Arrange the following sentences into a good dialogue.
1) Hello, Dewi!
2) Hello, Mr. Hartawan. Nice to meet you.
3) His name’s Hartawan.
4) Nice to meet you, Riskia.
5) Hi, Riskia!
6) Riskia, this is my father.
a. 5-1-4-3-2-6 b. 5-1-3-6-2-4 c. 5-1-6-3-2-4 d. 5-1-2-3-6-4
For no 28 and 29.
George : Who”re they , Garry?
Garry : They’re Mr. Bob and Mr. Joe. They’re American Football players.
Mr. Bob is small and short.
Mr. Joe is …. (28)
George : I’ll talk with them. … (29), Garry.
Garry : Bye.
28. a. big and tall
b. big and short
c. small and tall
d. small and short
29. a. Hello
c. Good morning
30. Adi : That’s a nice pet bird!
Anton : …….. . I just got it at a pet shop.
b. Oh, thanks
c. See you later
d. You’re welcome
Laili : What are you looking for?
Fatonah : A ……
Question For 32, 33, 34.
32. What does the text mainly talk about?
33. A bowl of cherries costs … thousand rupiahs
d. one and half
34. "*J It is only on Saturday" What does the word it refer to?
b. Special Offer
c. Maya Restaurant
d. Salads, dishes, and desserts
35. Anton : It’s getting dark ______ the light please!
Toni : All right
a. Put off
b. Get out
c. Turn on
d. Shut down
Question for 36-38
36. What card is it ?
a. greeting card
b. congratulation card
c. invitation card
37. Why does Adira congratulate to Dito ?
a. because Dito is Adiras best friend
b. because Dito won a debate contest
c. because Adira is proud of Dito
d. because Adira interested in debate contest
38. Which statement is correct based on the text ?
a. Adira is Ditos father
b. Adira is proud of Dito
c. Dito is good at debating
d.debating is Ditos hobby
Arrange the sentence !
39. Classroom students the clean the must
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
40. Mother : ______ the door before you leave !
Mira : ok, mom.
a. open b. clean c. close d.break
The suitable command for the picture above is.
a.Clean on the board!
b.Look at the board!
c.Read the book!
The suitable prohibition for the picture above is
a.Do not speak!
c.Please do not cheat!
Question for 43-46
43. Who sends the letter?
44. Who gave snowy to Diana?
a. Uncle Fauzan
c. Uncle Sam
d. Uncle Fazuan
45. What is snowy color?
46. Ira : how many books are there?
Ani : .ten books
a. is there
b. are there
c. there is
d. there are
What does the sign mean?
a. turn left
b. turn right
c. go straight
48. You are in the library. You dont want your friends to make noises.
What is suitable instruction for the situation above?
a. be quite please!
b. watch out!
c. be careful please!
d. be wonderful
What does the picture mean?
a. you must not wear shoes
b. do not litter!
c. be quite please!
d. sit down please!
50. Mr andri: morning how are you?
Ms ana: good morning Im fine
M andri: what is your name?
Ms ana: Ana, and your name is?
Mr andri: my name is Andri. Im glad to see you!
Ms ana: Im glad to meet you too.
From the dialogue above, we conclude that ..
Mr Andri and Ms Ana are friend for along time.
Mr Andri introduces Ms Ana to his friend
Mr Andri hast just met Ms Ana
Mr Ana already knows Mr Anas name